政治学与国际关系论坛

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 529|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Google says China services partially blocked

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2010-3-31 06:37:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Google has confirmed that China is blocking its mobile internet services on the mainland, in the first concrete sign that Beijing is stepping up pressure after the search engine last week ended its compliance with the Chinese censors.

Google on Monday switched the status of its mobile services to “partially blocked” from “no issues” on an internal website designed to track the availability of its services in China. The company last week shifted its mainland search engine to Hong Kong to avoid having to comply with censorship restrictions on the mainland.

Google said the availability of its mobile services had started to “fluctuate”. It was unclear whether the disruptions would continue.

While there was some anedocatal evidence that China became more agressive in filtering searches last week, the announcement by the US internet company on Monday was the first acknowledgement that its services were actually being blocked.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享分享 分享淘帖
2#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-3-31 06:38:04 | 只看该作者
Some users in China observed last week that relatively non-sensitive Google searches would sometimes lead to browser error messages although the results would appear on terminals outside the mainland.

While some people in China said the Chinese censors were being more stringent than the standard filtering of online content from outside China, Google last week was unable to confirm that. Previously, the company had also not reported any outright blocking of its services.

The continued availability of Google services in China last week came despite an angry initial response from some officials. That was taken in some quarters as a sign that the authorities would hesitate before taking strong retaliatory measures.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-3-31 06:38:09 | 只看该作者
However, David Drummond, Google’s chief legal officer, said it was too early to conclude that China had decided against taking strong action. Speaking before the company reported the mobile services blocking on Monday, he added that it would take time before the company could determine the extent of the Chinese government response.

The move by the authorities to target mobiles appeared aimed at services that many observers believe hold the greatest long-term potential for reaching China’s booming internet population, thanks to the growth of mobile internet access. The partial blocking has hit all of the services that Google delivers to mobile phones, including search.

By contrast, the company continued to report on Monday that its search, news and image services for computer users, all of which were moved to Hong Kong last week, had not suffered any outright blocking. Google added that its YouTube and Blogger services continued to be blocked in China, as they had been before its shift on censorship.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|中国海外利益研究网|政治学与国际关系论坛 ( 京ICP备12023743号  

GMT+8, 2025-4-5 00:42 , Processed in 0.109375 second(s), 29 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.2

© 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表